村上春樹 (via purplebuddhaproject)
Grüner See (Green Lake) is a lake in Styria, Austria. In the winter you’ll find crisp, tranquil grasslands and lake that is only about 3 to 6 feet deep. However, during the spring, when the temperature rises and the snow melts, the basin of land below the mountains fills with water. The lake reaches its maximum depth of around 40 feet from mid-May to June and is claimed to look the most beautiful at this time.
Lao Tzu (via purplebuddhaproject)
A sequel to my top 10 disturbing documentaries
- Through the Wormhole: Is there Life After Death: My most favorite one because it’s on a topic, that’s my life goal to answer scientifically. Morgan Freedman dives deep into this question, using neuroscience and quantum physics as an attempt to figure out an answer.
- Extraordinary People: The Little Mermaid: The story of Shiloh Pepin, the girl who was born with her legs fused together so she resembles a mermaid. This website described it as “her incredible story is a rollercoaster of emotions—one minute, you’re laughing at her precocious, adorable personality, the next you’re crying at the injustice of the world and her beyond-her-years wisdom.”
- The Boy Who Lived Before: Fascinating reincarnation case about a 5 year old boy who remembers a past life.
- The Boy Who Sees Without Eyes: Ben Underwood had his eyes removed at the age of 3 because of retinal cancer. But he uses echolocation (like dolphins) to do many things like get around and even play sports.
- The Twins Who Share a Body: Take a look into the world of twins who share one body.
- Magic of the Unconscious: Your unconscious mind is a lot more powerful than you think
- A Virus Called Fear: The power of fear and what irrational fear can lead to. This is a short documentary, about 20 minutes.
- The Brain, Sensory Deprivation and Isolation: Six ordinary people faced complete sensory deprivation. What happens to the brain when this happens? I couldn’t find the full documentary and linked you to the video with program highlights.
- The Mystery of the People Frozen in Time: Dive into the world of Pompeii, an ancient city destroyed by the volcano Vesuvius, where there are the hardened remains of people in the last few seconds of their lives.
- Children of Darkness: Tragic as it is interesting, this oscar winning documentary explores the lives of mentally ill children and exposes the abuse they faced in Eastern State School and Hospital.
Feel free to add to this by the way :)
DMT: The Spirit Molecule: An investigation into the long-obscured mystery of dimethyltryptamine (DMT), a molecule found in nearly every living organism and considered the most potent psychedelic on Earth.
All of those are amazing documentaries and I feel this one would be a great add.